Cranky Concierge is looking for a new Air Travel Concierge to join our team. We’re a small, growing company working in the quick-moving air travel industry. We need to find a reliable, fast, and accurate person who fits into a casual environment where everyone works remotely.
We specialize in providing air travel assistance to people at various points in their travels. The Overnight/Weekend Air Travel Concierge’s primary responsibility is to help people if something goes wrong during the hours the flight planning office is closed. We have three types of shifts, and we bid every two weeks so you can pick what fits with your schedule.
On-Call shifts: These shifts are from 6p to midnight and midnight to 6a Pacific Time nightly as well as from 2p to 6p Pacific Time on weekend days. On these shifts, the concierge has to be reactive if anything urgent happens during the scheduled time. If nothing goes wrong, then no work is done!
On-Duty shifts: These shifts are from 6a to 10a and 10a to 2p Pacific Time on weekend days. On these shifts, the concierge is actively working. Besides responding to any urgent issues, the concierge will also assist with ticketing, responding to non-urgent emails, and other various tasks.
Scheduling shifts: Multiple times a day we have a concierge prepare the update emails to go out to travelers. This is usually more flexible on time, and it has a set job.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping stranded travelers get where they need to go. You have to like dealing with people and understanding what they need, even if they aren’t entirely sure. We also need someone who is good at being available at night. If you don’t love this, it’s not the right fit.
More Details on Job Responsibilities
* There will be a minimum pay of 1.5 hours per shift and then actual hours beyond that will be billed as worked.
* For on-call shifts, the concierge will be on duty to answer any urgent questions and help travelers who are stuck overnight. Email and phone systems are programmed to alert if there’s a problem, so this role is responsive.
* Some urgent questions may require a simple response or update (such as slight delay with no impact to plans).
* Others may involve finding new flight options for cancellations and missed connections. This will often be done in the Sabre GDS.
* Be available to answer urgent phone calls and provide help if needed. (Sometimes, those calls to the urgent line aren’t all that urgent.)
* The first two weekend day shifts each day require certain office work and are paid for the full shift
Skills You Should Possess (and Other Stuff)
* Reliability is absolutely critical. Must be available and able to assist within 10 minutes of any alert notification.
* Must have good knowledge of airline networks and options to be able to find alternates quickly for stranded clients.
* Knowledge of Sabre or other GDS/ARS preferred but not required (don’t bring your bad habits)
* Accuracy and speed are very important. Timing is everything when it comes to this role.
* Common sense ability to help clients better understand what they need or should want is required.
* Never be too proud. If you don’t know the answer, then be willing to ask others for help.
* Must be able to roll with the punches and maintain calm demeanor. The client may be stressed and angry, so you can’t be.
* Background check will be required – job involves handling sensitive client data.
* Location doesn’t matter. We figured this might be perfect for an ex-pat who might not be working currently but wants something to do during the daytime on the other side of the world.
All work is done remotely so make sure that you have a comfortable place to work. Work will be done on your own PC computer, and you must have reliable internet and a smartphone. (Android works better in our system, but iPhone works too.) Communication with clients and airlines is a mix of email and phone, so you must have a quiet work environment.
We can’t stress enough how important attention to detail is. This is a part-time opportunity.
Location: Must be authorized to work in the US, but can work internationally