Job Category: Teaching
Location: Work from Anywhere (Global)
Because of its innovative business model, platform and curriculum, VIPKID has won awards such as the Shengjing Top 21 Global Innovation Award in 2015, the US-China Entrepreneurship Leader Award in 2014, Sina’s China’s Most Valuable Online education brand and best teachers award in 2015, and Tencent’s China’s Most powerful education brand in 2015. VIPKID is also venture backed by top investors, such as Innovation Works, Sequoia Capital, Matrix Partners, H Capital, Northern Light Venture, and Bryant Stibel.
WHAT WE DO
- 1-on-1 online full immersion English language and content classes
- Teach American curriculum, based on the Common Core State Standards
- 25-minute highly engaging lessons
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Exposure to the American or Canadian K12 education system
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Desktop or laptop with fast internet connection and audio/video capability
Contract Term: 6 months
Start date: Immediately
Hours: Minimum 7.5 hours per week commitment. The 7.5 hours per week have to be during Beijing peak hours. Peak hours are Monday-Sunday 6-10pm, and Saturday-Sunday 9-11am in Beijing time. Peak times in EST are Monday-Sunday 6-10am and Friday-Saturday 9-11pm. Teachers are not required to work full shifts, just to ensure 7.5 hours during the peak times.
Professional Development: VIPKID offers ongoing paid training and professional development
Payment: Our teachers receive a base pay of US $14-18/hour.* On top of this, there are teacher attendance bonuses for every lesson, so a typical salary range is between US $16-24/hour.
*The amount paid per lesson is US $7-9 for a 25-minute lesson. To get the hourly wage, we double the amount per lesson.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply