Looking for a flexible, professional online teaching opportunity? VIPKID, Forbes’ #1 “Remote Work” company for 2018, is the world leader in online English education for kids 12 and under.
Discover the joy of online teaching with VIPKID’s platform and curriculum. No commute, no grading, no lesson planning required! Instruct kids in your spare time during early mornings or evenings.
Teaching just 60 minutes part-time per day earns you between $420-650 a month. It’s as easy as making a Skype call, with an interactive and fun curriculum and lesson plans for you.
* The most active online English teaching community in the world
* Top-ranked online teaching company on Indeed and Glassdoor
* Backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent Holdings (currently valued at $1.5 billion)
Responsibilities and Duties:
* The classes: 25-minute full immersion English language, 1-on-1 classes
* The pay: Depends on your experience, but averages around $9.5 per 25-minute class, i.e. $19/hour
* The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, designed by our in-house curriculum team
* Time of day: You choose your schedule from available class slots; peak student demand hours are listed below
* Location: Conveniently teach remotely from your home – no commute!
* What you need: A computer, strong internet connection, and a headset
* The culture: Learn about Chinese culture, families, and lifestyle from your students
Qualifications and Skills
* BA degree or higher
* Experience with any kind of teaching (1+ years)*
* Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
* Desire to engage and inspire young learners
*Note on Teaching Experience: This can include educators, professors, tutors, teaching assistants, elementary teachers, traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education.
While helpful, there’s no requirement for teaching certificate, state certification, TESOL, TEFL, or ESL experience. All classes and business are conducted in English.
Contract type: Independent contractor
Start date: Immediately
Peak times: The following hours tend to be students’ most requested time periods:
* Monday-Sunday 6-10am EST
* Saturday-Sunday 9pm-10am ESTClick Here to Apply