To be discussed.
Bustle is seeking part-time, remote, general news writers to help fill its news vertical with intelligent, thoughtful, and fast articles. Day-to-day responsibilities include breaking news, swift reporting, and informative roundups. Applicants should be experienced writers and reporters, preferably with daily newspaper/website experience. Topics of coverage will include politics, women’s issues, national news, global news, health, tech, science, crime, and more. While original reporting and pitching will be encouraged, the general assignment team’s primary responsibility will be writing about the day’s trending events.
A minimum commitment of at least 2 days per week is required, although the position could be 3-4 days a week as well. Writers will work remotely. We’re especially looking for writers with evening, overnight, and weekend availability.
* Ability to write clearly and accurately
* Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
* Pitch-perfect news judgement
* A strong voice and innovative ideas
* 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
* Eagerness to work at a speed competitive with other outlets
* Degree in journalism, communications, political science, or related
* Cover breaking news in real-time and write assigned stories at a breakneck speed
* Juggle multiple articles at a time, with the ability to switch between politics, crime, and feminist
* content at the drop of a hat
* Synthesize information in a way that is readable, digestible, reliable, and relevant to our audience
* Master search engine optimization and apply these skills to own pieces
* Be a team player, listen to direction, and pitch in where needed
* Follow Bustle style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
* Monitor social media and identify fresh, viral angles on top news stories
* Comfortable incorporating photos, videos, tweets, and memes naturally into news stories
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply