Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Motion Graphics Artist who will be responsible for the creation of designs and animations for our news networks. In this position, you will work with producers to create graphics for the live show. The ideal candidate can deliver requests in a timely manner, while maintaining efficiency, accuracy, and creativity.
This is an off-site position working remotely.
* Utilize After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator to create visually engaging designs and animations.
* Maintain efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
* Adhere to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and project recovery.
* Serve as quality control.
* 3-5 years of hands-on motion graphics experience.
* Display keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
* Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects.
* Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
* Possess strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
Please include reel in the application to be considered.
Our Benefits and Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.