To be discussed.
At Market Enginuity, we connect marketers with the Public Media audience to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences. Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For over 18 years we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal, and carried by more than 130 people ingrained in each of the communities where we live and work. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in 17 markets.
The Market Enginuity Media Sales Proposal Writer will develop professional, credible and compelling sponsorship proposals in collaboration with our Cleveland Account Executives representing ideastream public media station for our largest clients and prospects, using a variety of data sources. Proposals will effectively communicate our client station’s marketing value to current/prospective sponsors and advertising agencies.
Success Outcome #1: Craft persuasive and logical proposals to communicate sponsorship value
* Collaborate with Station Sponsorship Sales Management and Account Executives to review Client Needs Analysis (CNA) and final deliverables.
* Research, evaluate and synthesize Nielsen, Scarborough, and syndicated research to develop persuasive content and suggested schedules to address client challenges/goals
* Create printed and digital deliverables by integrating content/graphics in proposal templates; apply company standards including readability, consistency, and tone
* Maintain proposal support databases
* Ensure that our standard of excellence is applied to all proposal elements
* Improve results by evaluating and contributing to process improvement
Success Outcome #2: Meet proposal deadlines
* Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering
* Enter and monitor tracking data
* Coordinate requirements with contributors
* Contribute proposal status information to review meetings
* Transmit proposals
Required | Preferred Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing
* 2-3 years’ experience as radio or television sales/marketing researcher and/or proposal writer and/or salesperson with strong proposal skills
* Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
* Thoughtful approach to gather research and data needed to write persuasively and articulate a strategic case about the audience to a client
* Ideally, proficiency using Nielsen Audio and/or TV ratings, Scarborough Research and MRI Research
* Build strong relationships with Account Executives and external partners. Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department by communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member.
* Self-management – solution-oriented with a bias towards action. Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision. Highly dependable and strong professional demeanor.
* Collaborate with multiple stakeholders individually and simultaneously
* Manage work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritize based on designated deadlines
* Highly skilled and advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Market Enginuity Offers:
* Market competitive compensation
* Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with our Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule
* Team of smart, creative and collaborative people
* Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply