Teaching, Online Education, Tutoring
Do you want to help children learn Mandarin? And are you looking for a fun and flexible part-time job? Join PandaTree! We’re passionate about helping kids learn foreign languages. PandaTree delivers high-quality online foreign language tutoring for children using our proprietary video conference platform and engaging curriculum. PandaTree provides a fun and convenient way for students, ages 5 to 15 to learn Mandarin with individualized tutoring sessions and engaging discussions.
PandaTree is an exciting place to be! We are growing and looking for native-fluency Mandarin-speaking tutors to provide one-on-one tutoring for children via videoconference. Tutors work 15-25 hours of their choosing per week from the comfort of their own home/room.
* Tutors help kids learn Mandarin through fun, interesting conversations viavideo-conference. Our focus is on discussing topics the child is passionate about,not word drills.
* During the session, the tutor will utilize PandaTree’s engagingproprietary content (i.e. photos, poems, and short videos) to spark discussion.
* Tutors gently assist the student with new words or corrections as neededwhile adding new words to the student’s personalized word list.
* Tutoring sessions last 25 or 50 minutes. 5-20 minutes of prep time is required before each session. Tutor sessions are recorded for quality purposes and to provide the student with the ability to review the session at a later time.
* Articulate, native-fluency Mandarin speaker with a standard accent
* Strong English speaking skills
* Bachelor of Arts, Masters degree or PhD with a focus on education or language
* Patient, kind and FUN. Tutors need an engaging and encouraging presenceover video-conference
* Teaching or tutoring experience and an interest in early childhoodeducation
* Permitted to work in the US
* Reliable, high speed internet connection and fast computer
* Quiet, private, interruption-free room to conduct online tutoring sessions
* Ability to be punctual for tutoring sessions is a must
* Availability afternoons/evenings and weekends preferred
* Willing and able to commit to 9+ months of working with PandaTree
* Flexible hours – 15 to 25 hours per week; you choose the hours you are available
* Time off for holidays and exams
* Work from your room/home
* $15 per hour
* Hired as a part-time employee
* Ongoing coaching, training and development