Editing, Legal, Analyst
To be discussed.
Start Date: 10/03/2016
End Date: 12/31/2016
Location: Remote Work
Remote work from 10-20 hours per week. (Requires Windows-based computer and high speed internet)
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• At least six years’ experience working as a litigator in a law firm in the specified jurisdiction, and strong familiarity with the jurisdiction’s court rules.
• At least 75% of the candidate’s recent legal practice has been focused exclusively on civil litigation.
• Ability to perform complex legal analysis.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of litigators and the general legal market in the specified jurisdiction.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
• A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
o very close attention to detail and organization;
o impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
• The ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace
intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
Ideal candidates will also have the following attributes:
• Experience handling litigation files as lead attorney.
• Editorial experience on a law review or journal or with other news media.
• Published works on litigation topics, such as bar association journal articles.
• Experience writing and presenting on litigation topics for continuing legal education.
• Experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
• Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply