Education, Maths, Writing
Are you ready to join a team that is shaping the future of educational technology? IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking Math Specification Writers to create exceptional math content for elementary school students.
As a Math Specification Writer at IXL, you’ll design problem generators that algorithmically create math content for grades 1–5. Your educational insight, technical thinking, strong writing skills, and high standards will assist in the success of our math product. Come join our mission to create the best educational content possible!
This is a remote, contract position with the flexibility to be part-time or full-time.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
* Write specification documents for software engineers on how to algorithmically generate math problems and explanations
* Design difficulty controls to generate problems of varying levels of rigor
* Write clear, helpful, age-appropriate math questions and explanations
* Respond to feedback and participate in a peer review process with the math curriculum design team on your specification documents
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
* BA/BS degree in math, computer science, engineering, or a related field OR 3+ years classroom teaching experience in K–12 education
* Clear writing style with an ability to tailor text to different audiences
* Understanding of grade-level appropriateness
* Ability to relate to elementary school students
* Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of math curriculum and standards in grades 1–5 is a plus
* Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
* Your resume
* A cover letter under 600 words, so that we can get to know you better
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.