Job Category: Editor
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
We are looking for a temporary, part-time editor with a sharp eye for detail and a passion for education to review a digital Japanese title created for our Quia Books platform. We work in partnership with leading educational publishers to convert printed textbooks and workbooks into online books which are used in hundreds of universities throughout North America. Our books are more than just mere replicas of printed versions; they are fully interactive and incorporate audio, video, and other forms of digital media.
As an Editor, you will be responsible for reviewing Japanese activities after they’ve been converted to an online format. The Editor does not write new content, but rather proofreads existing content for accuracy and consistency. It is important that you are a quick learner and comfortable working in a digital setting. You should be fluent in Japanese, have prior proofreading or copy-editing experience, and preferably have a background in teaching or student teaching. By joining our dynamic Content Production team, you will be integral in helping the team to release our online books with the utmost quality.
This position is for roughly 3-4 months, and the workload is expected to be 10-20 hours per week. This is a remote position, although some on-site training may be required. Please send your resume and cover letter if you’re interested in this exciting position.
- Proofread and copyedit content in university-level world language textbooks and workbooks
- Effectively document and communicate all errors and changes to team members
- Evaluate material from an instructional perspective and apply in-house grading guidelines
- Suggest edits to adapt print activities to an online setting, while ensuring engaging instructional content
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (completed or in progress); recommended degrees include, but are not limited to: Education, Instructional Technology, Linguistics, Japanese, Comparative Literature
- Fluency in Japanese (though you need not be a native speaker)
- Prior proofreading/copy-editing experience
- Background in teaching or instructional design is a plus
- Superb organization and time-management skills, comfortable meeting aggressive deadlines
- Comfortable working independently
- Ability to quickly learn and master new guidelines and software
How To ApplyClick Here to Apply