Communication, Customer Support
To be discussed.
Founded in 1962, Air Techniques, Inc. set out to manufacture first-rate products for the dental industry. 50 years later, Air Techniques has grown from a small company into a successful corporation. At our New York headquarters, we design and build two main groups of products: utility room and digital imaging products. Our products are manufactured in a vertically integrated factory where compliance with the Food and Drug Administration Good Manufacturing Practices is paired with stringent Quality Standards. In-house engineering staff designs our products for the dental market. We are proud to maintain the ISO-9001 registration certification which reinforces our pledge to quality and customer satisfaction. At Air Techniques, we have earned our reputation in the dental industry through our commitment to quality and ensuring customer satisfaction. We are proud that Air Techniques represents superior quality to dealers and dentists worldwide.
IT Help Desk Representative
Provide technical assistance to users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for end users in person, or in the case of remote employees, via telephone and/or remote support tools. Provide assistance with computer hardware, software, printing, electronic mail, Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
* Support the help desk function to ensure timely resolution of support requests.
* Provide end user support for both local and remote employees.
* Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
* Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation and configuration of computer hardware, mobile devices, operating systems and software.
* Read technical manuals, confer with users and/or conduct technical diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
* Escalate problems internally or to vendors or other external service providers as appropriate.
* Adhere to standard procedures and work instructions to ensure a consistently high quality end user experience.
* Log activities in the appropriate IT systems including helpdesk request management
* Support the asset management function to ensure accuracy of data in hardware and software databases.
* Contribute to the documentation of relevant processes and procedures in IT knowledge management system.
* Contribute to the development of training materials and procedures, and to the training of users in proper use of hardware or software.
* Maintain IT Lab in an organized fashion.
Work Experience Requirements:
* Building and repairing/troubleshooting PC hardware and software
* Installation and troubleshooting of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems
* Installation and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
* Installation and troubleshooting of desktop and network printers
* Configuration and troubleshooting of mobile phones and tablets
* Understanding of PC imaging concepts and use of products such as Paragon, Redo or Acronis
* Removal of viruses and other forms of malware and use of antivirus and anti-malware software
* Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-starter with good organizational and prioritization capabilities
* Able to function well as a member of a team
* Able to lift up to 50lbs
* Associates Degree in relevant field preferred.
* 1-3 years as a help desk representative in a corporate environment
* A+ Certification a plus
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in a current Windows Desktop OS a plus
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply