Editing, Proofreading, Research, Analyst, Writing, Online Content
About Fitt: Fitt is a media platform and event marketplace where people to discover, share, and sign up for health and fitness activities.
We’re creating the daily homepage of health and fitness for people passionate about living an active lifestyle. Our coverage captures trends, spotlights innovation, celebrates foodie culture, and helps define the future of health and fitness.
Part writer, part researcher, we’re seeking a high-energy content creator to join the Fitt team. Working with our in-house editorial team, this position involves research, analysis, and production of reports, articles, newsletters, and other all forms of strategic content aimed at building awareness, driving thought leadership, acquiring qualified leads, and more.
The ideal candidate has experience creating engaging editorial content and a strong understanding of — and contacts within — the boutique fitness industry, natural foods, fitness tech, and emerging trends within the various sectors of health and wellness.
We’re looking for applicants with
* 2 + years experience in journalism, communications, or content development
* Ability to balance facts and figures with an engaging and entertaining writing style
* Flexible schedule with access to email throughout the day
* Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
* Ability to manage your own workload effectively, whether it’s quick turnarounds or longer-term projects
* An interest in storytelling across genres (news, features, commentary, etc.) and social platforms
* Proficient in Google Docs
* Conduct research and produce articles, key market insights, and trends reports assigned or approved by a Fitt Editor
* Create in-depth content and shorter news stories about topics related to the fitness industry
* Stay on top of the latest and greatest fitness news
* Meet regular submission deadlines
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete the accompanying application in addition to submitting a cover letter, resume, and links to relevant writing samples/clips.
**Note: This is a remote position. Applicants are not required to live in or relocate to Chicago**
Fitt is a fast and easy way to find a fitness studio, healthy place to eat, outdoor adventure, or upcoming event nearby. With contributors on the ground in more than 25 cities, Fitt is your guide to local health and fitness. Find your city at Fitt.co.
We make a healthy, active lifestyle more accessible and sustainable by connecting people to their local fitness community.
Combining storytelling with activity, event, and class registration, we’re building an all-in-one platform that unifies the health and fitness journey from discovery to sign-up and participation.Click Here to Apply