Job Category: Photography, Graphic Design
Location: Work from Anywhere (U.S.)
$15 per hour.
The Digital Artist/Image Specialist will work as part of a team responsible for identifying and placing images for editorial content on LoveToKnow.com, using images from approved, licensed sources as well as creating original artwork to compliment web content. Each Digital Artist/Image Specialist will review content that has been tagged as needing images and select appropriate contextual photographs from stock sources to illustrate the article, slideshow, quiz or other online content.
The Digital Artist/Image Specialist will work with the editing team to ensure that all photographs and visual images meet the site’s highest standards for quality, look and feel.
Most images will need to be resized, cropped or otherwise modified, using photo editing software. For some sources, images must be tracked so Digital Artist/Image Specialists will be responsible for keeping tracking spreadsheets organized and up to date.
Digital Artist/Image Specialists will become familiar with which licensed sources to use for different photographic content and may help identify additional stock photo library sources as well as procure images from private sources by finding necessary images and making a request for permission.
The Digital Artist/Image Specialist role also requires the ability and resources to complete graphic projects drawing original line/vector art and the creation of PDF (Portable Document Format) files.
Graphic projects include drawing people, animals, objects, flyers or anything else requested by editors. Familiarity with line art is mandatory.
PDF creation requires any software including Acrobat Pro that will allow you to manipulate a PDF including creating special forms normally created with LiveCycle and working with meta data. You will be required to convert your original line art to MS Word and PDF formats. Familiarity with PDF creation and manipulation is mandatory.
Required Skill and Experience
- At least 1 year professionally selecting and editing online photographs. Familiar with photo editing software tools for cropping, sharpening, straightening, feathering, sizing up and down, cloning, brightness/contrast, levels and other skills necessary to modify photographs.
- Image optimization and color enhancement skills.
- Experience with and ability to create graphics for forms, charts, tables, graphs, and/or step by step ‘how-to’ illustrations to accompany web content.
- Familiarity with a variety of image file formats and conversion tools.
- Able to match great online content with compelling images that add value
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Home computer with photo editing and raster/vector drawing software as well as a broadband internet connection
- Able to work independently with minimal direction, working through task lists
- Keen understanding of copyright issues and image license terms
- Keep an archive of ‘original’ (un-manipulated) licensed images as well as original artwork created. Artwork will become the property of LoveToKnow.com
- Available for work at least 20 hours per week
Position is freelance, with flexible hours, and will be done from your home office. You must have your own computer with appropriate software for image manipulation and a broadband internet connection. Pay is $15 an hour.
How to Apply
Please paste a text version of your resume (no attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience for consideration. Please provide links to both photo editing and line/vector email@example.com