Job Category: Virtual Admin
Location: Work from Anywhere (U.S., Canada)
$16 per hour + Bonus.
Do you have career-experience in hiring and training?
We’re offering an exciting, flexible contract position as “Manager – Hiring and Training” for our Great Assistant program.
This is a 100% from-home opportunity. Approximately 10h/week to begin, increasing as business grows.
Hello, my name is Tim Francis, President of ProfitFactory.com, and Founder of the Great Assistant Program.
We’re a small startup, which means you’ll have plenty of opportunity to make a big impact. You’ll see a direct correlation between your efforts and the company’s success, which will feel very rewarding.
Your voice will be heard when decisions are made. Our small team means things happen with speed and agility. With only four people on the team, it also means our team is free of politics and/or jockeying.
The clients we serve are Entrepreneurs of small companies (under $50M). We help them get matched up with a Great Assistant to help alleviate the Entrepreneur’s work load.
Your main role will be to match Entrepreneurs and Assistants, then provide ongoing support to both parties as they learn and grow together.
Specifics of Great Assistant program
The Great Assistant program: finds prospective Assistants, screens them, trains them, then matches them to an appropriate Entrepreneur. If the match is successful, then we certify the Assistant as a “Profit Factory Certified Assistant.”
Assistants we select are typically from-home workers who’ve previously worked in corporate or professional settings, now seeking from-home work.
Once an Assistant is selected, we provide ongoing support to all Assistants through a private, online group called the Great Assistant Inner Circle. Assistants can ask each other for help, and reach out to us as well with any questions or challenges they’re facing with their Entrepreneur.
We also offer weekly “office hours” to answer Assistants’ questions. We also have a Professional Development Track where we produce once-per-month webinars to help accelerate the skills of all our PFCA-certified Assistants.
To be clear: the position we’re offering is not as an Assistant, but rather as the Manager of Hiring and Training who does the matchmaking and support to Entrepreneurs and Assistants.
Great Assistant operates as a program within the Profit Factory group, which is a small company headquartered in Canada. Team players work from home from various locations across Canada and the U.S. The Profit Factory group is a small, fast-growth startup offering you an incredible opportunity to make an impact, tackle challenges, and grow your skills, all while working from home.
You’ll screen, train, and successfully match Assistants with Entrepreneurs. We’re already producing flows of Assistant-candidates and Entrepreneur-clients. Your role is to match them.
We currently have processes in place (hiring Assistants, training and onboarding them, client care of Entrepreneurs, etc), which you’ll be expected to learn. Once you’re effective in our method, you’ll optimize and enhance our processes.
You’ll also oversee the training and professional development program Assistants go through. This includes:
– onboarding training for each new Assistant
– once-per-week “office hours”
– once-per-month professional development webinars
We’ve already got much of the content, we just need you to coordinate and monitor Assistant onboarding to make sure they stay on track and get the support they need.
You’ll also manage our private community of PFCAs, the “Great Assistant Inner Circle.” Monitor the online board, provide answers and links to Assistants when they request help.
You’ll also monitor progress of our Entrepreneur-clients to make sure they’re completing their assigned prep work. Yes, the Entrepreneurs have assignments too, which prepares them for a successful Assistant-match.
You’ll regularly check in with stakeholders (Assistants, Entrepreneurs, fellow GAGA team members) to identify ways our service (and underlying processes) can improve.
You’ll maintain all records and reports to make sure they’re 100% complete and 90%+ accurate.
Outcomes You’ll be Held Accountable To
All outcomes are by Dec 31, 2016, with interim milestones throughout the year:
1) 196 Assistants placed
2) Shorten “Days to Match” from 61 days to 14 days. We measure the length of time from Entrepreneur’s purchase to the time they get introduced to their Assistant. You’ll be expected to improve this to 14 days or less.
3) Achieve “Trial Period Stick Rate” of 85% or higher. When matches happen, there is a 21-day trial period for Entrepreneurs and Assistants to test-drive each other. A stick-rate of 85% or higher shows you’re making good matches. Currently we’re at 83%.
4) Achieve and Sustain 90-Day Entrepreneur NPS of 70 or higher. NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a customer satisfaction metric. We don’t have any hard data on our current NPS, although I suspect it’s around 30, mostly due to many neutral ratings (i.e. our customers haven’t been overjoyed, but they haven’t been upset either).
5) Weekly Meeting and Metrics. Each week you’ll be expected to attend (online) our team-wide metrics meeting to see team progress and report your results.
Competencies You’ll Need to Be Successful
a) Good Match-maker: Ability to find good matches between Assistants and Entrepreneurs, across all three domains: affective, cognitive, and conative. Staying abreast of who you’ve got on both rosters (Entrepreneur clients and Assistant prospects) at any given time is essential in spotting matches. If you’ve never used the Kolbe index, you’ll receive guidance.
b) Strong Coordinator: you’ll be juggling a pool of 20-50 Assistant-applicants at any time, in the pursuit of matching to a pool of 2 – 20 Entrepreneur-Clients. You’ll need to coordinate all the details surrounding this match-making process, including all paperwork completed and all project management software updated.
c) Attention to Detail: our processes are very checklist- and detail-driven. All details and checkpoints matter.
d) Strong Listening Skills: strong ability in empathic / reflective listening required. Often match-making requires deep listening to “read between the lines.” Listen more than you speak.
e) Objective Evaluator: have the discipline to stick to our tight guidelines for hiring. Objectivity helps to overcome biases.
f) Caring-yet-Assertive: have a gentle-yet-clear way of disqualifying hopeful candidates. You’ll be doing this every single week; if disqualifying people is a major energy drain for you, and/or you are cold or uncaring about it, this is not a good role for you. (You’re welcome to “play good-cop / bad-cop” and blame “our process” when disqualifying.)
g) Instinct to close loops / strong follow-through.
h) Basic Knowledge of Legalities: of hiring, discrimination, and differences between W2 employee / 1099 contractor.
Our team Core Values are:
– Be Accountable and Transparent
– Show People You Care
– Pursue Mastery and Growth
– Our working culture (both Great Assistant and Profit Factory) is relaxed, i.e. yoga pants and t-shirts. Do not, however, mistake this with a casual, lazy, or low-performing team. I lead the way, often working 60+ hours per week (in my sweat pants) whilst consulting to founders of multi-million-dollar companies. Team-wide we’re numbers-driven and outcome-focused. Ambition, growth, high-quality work… while wearing comfy clothes.
– As company President, there’s three things I despise: 1) Entitlement; 2) Waste; 3) Drama / Politicking. The first sniff of any of these three, or any violation of our Core Values, and your participation will be under immediate review.
– In our Culture there’s ample room for growth, mistakes, and learning. Mistakes of ambition are okay, where you’ve given a task or project your best shot, but missed your mark. You (and we) can learn and get better from that. (By contrast, mistakes of laziness or negligence are unacceptable.)
– work from home
– contract position (not W2 employee)
– intention is a long-term relationship (3+ years)
– 10 hours per week to begin, opportunity to expand as company grows
– blocks of predictable, daytime availability required (e.g. Tues / Thurs, from 1pm – 4pm)
– one evening meeting per week of 60 mins
– pay discussed after you’ve reached final short-list
– must be Canada / USA based
– must be native English speaker and writer
How to Apply
In the subject line, please write:
“I’m (insert first name) from (insert your city) – I’m a Pro at Hiring, Training, Matchmaking”
In the body, please write me a 14-sentence email including:
Two sentence opening salutation that says: “Hey there TF, what’s happening up in Canada? My name is _____, I’m applying for the Hiring / Matchmaking / Training position you posted on FlexJobs.com”
Paragraph 1: example of how you’ve been great at hiring in a previous position you’ve held (black font, Courier, 3 sentences).
Paragraph 2: example of how you’ve been a great trainer in a previous position you’ve held (blue font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
Paragraph 3: story from a previous position of how you improved a process to make the organization / business smoother and faster (red font, Courier, this time 4 sentences). Please include metrics somewhere in your 4 sentences.
Two sentence closing including: the name of three blog posts you saw on the ProfitFactory.com website, and a closing salutation including your name, email address, and phone number.
Please attach your resume.
Thank-you. I’m kooking forward to your application, and to growing alongside the winning applicant.