Reporting, Editing, Health
Healthline.com is the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 100 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we’re changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore Healthline Media and let’s talk.
Are you a journalist who loves creating must-read features? Do you find yourself conceptualizing attention-grabbing headlines that shine the light on new and innovative ideas? Are you excited by the prospect creating immersive, multimedia content? Do you have a list of experts, contacts, and sources across the health, wellness, science, pharma, and public policy beats? If the answer is yes, join our team of freelance contributors and help us power the news channel for the fasting growing brand in health.
This is a freelance, remote position. We will consider candidates in any location. Compensation will be article/project based and determined by scope of work and anticipated publish date. Contributors should be comfortable both pitching content ideas and collaborating with staff editors on assignments
* 5-7 years of experience working as a reporter, editor, or producer at a major, recognizable media brand.
* Experience or strong interest in health, wellness, science, diet, exercise, pharmaceutical industry, public health, etc.
* Ability to synthesize complex topics into relateable, shareable, and link-worthy content.
* Excellent research and news gathering skills.
* BA in journalism, communications, or related field.
* Portfolio of published content.
* Experience with photography, video, and infographics/data visualizations is a plus but not required.