Account Management, Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Blogging, Online Content
Do you know that sickening feeling when you read some of what passes for industry-standard content marketing these days? Yeah, we hate it, too. And you’ve got a chance to blow it out of the water.
As a Nectafy contract writer, you’ll help our clients find their unique perspective and create easy-to-understand, world-class content that our clients’ prospects find helpful and insightful.
If that seems like a thrilling challenge (and working with a fully-remote-but-connected team sounds like it’d be right up your alley), you might just be the perfect fit for our writer position.
What You’ll Experience
* You’ll conduct subject matter expert interviews via video conference, with an eye toward turning the information into clear, informative content offerings.
* You’ll write helpful & insightful content based on those interviews, plus a little of your own research from time to time, just to keep things spicy.
* You’ll get to collaborate with our highly motivated remote team in order to help our clients succeed. (And we’re pretty fun to work with, if we do say so ourselves.)
* You’ll be able to speak honestly about your engagement and how we should improve as a company. (Nectafy is an office-politics-free environment.)
* You won’t be micromanaged or office-sat.
* You’ll have the opportunity to improve your writing skills with world-class editing, and you’ll be a part of a team of writers who are excited to do the same.
* And you get to do it all with a smile.
* Learn the ins and outs of our clients’ industries through research and interviews.
* Build rapport, trust, and a strong relationship with each client.
* Understand and implement the principles of the Nectafy Way.
* Write and publish content assignments to make sure everything is implemented on time, every time, within the budgeted goal.
* Write and publish content for each client that’s effective and engaging.
* Understand and implement the principles of content and inbound marketing.
* Adhere to company and client style guidelines. (Nectafy uses AP style with a few exceptions.)
* Collaborate with a small team—consisting of an account lead, a writer, an editor, a designer, and a
developer on each client account—to produce outstanding content.
* Participate in a monthly writers’ discussion and share ideas about how to make Nectafy even better.
* We’re out there. As a completely remote growth content agency, Nectafy is on the front edge of redefining how a company works, interacts, and delivers amazing results to their clients. We like to think of ourselves as pioneers… without the covered wagons.
* We’re curious. We love to learn and and we’re always up for a challenge. Every day is full of new opportunities. Like remembering which team member is in which time zone. (We’re in all four U.S. time zones and one time zone in Europe.)
* We’re fun, doggone it. We’re a fun-loving team that knows how to get stuff done. You haven’t lived until you’ve created homemade confetti and thrown it in the air while celebrating a team success!
What We Value
Do you value what we value?
* Long-term solutions not quick fixes.
* Intentional learning not complacency.
* Radical excellence not industry standards.
* Personal leadership not passive reliance.
* Team success not personal status.
* A love of writing. (Because you’ll be doing a lot of it.)
* Excellent written communication skills, including impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* The proven ability to write strong copy and communicate complex ideas simply.
* Solid interviewing skills.
* A passion for details.
* The motivation to produce a high-quality final product.
* The ability to provide and receive respectful critique.
* 2+ years of writing and/or editing experience. (Or you’re just so good that we wouldn’t notice your lack of experience.)
* Fun to be around! (At least virtually.)
* Fully committed to Nectafy’s success.