Advocacy, Public Affairs
$12 per hour.
NextWave@Home, a respected issue advocacy firm, is seeking telephone-based grassroots organizers for projects involving important legislative and regulatory issues. With your communication skills, you will help people across the country understand the direct impacts policymakers’ proposals have on their lives, and then assist them in making their voices heard.
We work on a variety of political issues. We are currently seeking independent contractors for a short-term, immediate project. You will call high-achieving high school students to offer them a free one-on-one counselor to help them navigate the college admissions process. This current campaign is supported by a leading national philanthropic foundation.
At the end of each project we place our contractors on new issues based on performance, schedule availability and background.
Work from anywhere you have a wired internet connection and earn $12 per hour, working 20+ hours/week. Build your own schedule. Weekday, evening, and/or Saturday work is available based on the project parameters and calling time zones.
Contractors must have a PC or Mac computer and high-speed internet connection. Sorry no tablet/mobile devices or cell-based data connections.
The right contractor candidates will offer:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A pleasant, upbeat, and professional telephone demeanor
- Active listening skills and an ability to shape a conversation based on the other person’s comments and interests
- Ability to absorb and retain campaign details from written materials and training calls
- An interest in policy issues and a general knowledge of the legislative process
- Ability to work independently and judge when to involve management assistance
- Keen attention to detail and ability to follow instructions with precision
- General technology proficiency
- Prior telephone-based work experience helpful but not required. This is not a telemarketing or fundraising role
Successful contractors enjoy:
- Work@home convenience great for students, stay-at-home parents, and individuals seeking supplemental income
- Flexibility in selecting projects and developing a weekly work schedule within project parameters
- Interesting projects involving key legislative and regulatory issues
- Contract work with a company with deep experience engaging work@home talent
How To ApplyClick Here To Apply