HVMN’s media team is seeking an experienced, and creative graphic designer for its growing health and fitness publication. Our content is focused on bringing the latest scientific news in the athletic and biohacker space to our audience.
HVMN’s founding intuition was that the human itself is a system that can be quantified, understood, and optimized; the human body could be a platform of innovation. Our mission is to enable everyone to be the best version of him or herself. This means we have taken the responsibility to expand the frontiers of science through peer-reviewed research and educate the world of the implications of cutting-edge research. Guided by a formal Research & Development Principles framework, we develop evidence-based products to improve humans across cognitive, physical, and metabolic endpoints.
Role: Graphic Designer
Employment: Part-time contractor
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
HVMN releases 2-3 articles a week with about 3-5 images per post. Designer will be responsible for creating image content for our blog.
The ideal candidate should be interested in human performance and biohacking, deeply engaged with visual storytelling, and have a passion for producing image content that resonates with HVMN’s audience. Ability to create and edit image content for a fast-paced digital operation is essential.
* Work collaboratively with Editorial Lead to conceive, create, edit, creative image content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
* Independently create and edit (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) high-quality image content.
* Sourcing photos that exist online or stock images.
* Editing photos to match our brand and asset style
* Creating photographic, illustrative, and/or typographic infographics
* Maintaining a high standard of design considering the execution of typography, color, and composition
* Ability to work within quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
* 3+ years experience in graphic design.
* Strong eye and taste in design.
* Exceptional technical skills using Photoshop, Illustrator.