Bilingual, French, K-12, Online Teaching
To be discussed.
Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in grades K–12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries will receive online learning from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Our state certified virtual teachers manage online instructional programs for students around the country and across the globe. Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes his/her instructional program. This is a work from home position. Compensation will be based on the specific course workload and number of enrolled students. Adjunct teachers are not provided with computer equipment but must have a reliable Internet connection.
The French Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
* Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
* Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
* Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
* Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
* Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
* Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
* Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
* Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat and our WebMail system;
* Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students’ well-being and personal information, including
following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
* Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
* Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
* Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Highly qualified and certified to teach French with a valid state teaching certificate in Pennsylvania, (Certification in multiple states is a plus)
* Must have completed traditional teacher preparation program at an accredited college or university.
* Ability to obtain certification in other states as requested
* Demonstrated ability to work well in fast-paced environment that requires significant flexibility,
effective prioritization of tasks, self-direction, and creativity
* Understanding of IEP/504 plans and how they can be implemented in a virtual setting
* Strong technology skills (proficiency with Microsoft Office programs or Google Apps is preferred)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills
* Customer focused approach and commitment to student achievement
* Log in daily to ensure emails, WebMail messages and phone calls are returned within 24 hours
* Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
* Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
* Adjuncts can expect to work up to 20 hours per week, including regular office hours (minimum of 3 hours per week), grading assessments, and hosting synchronous online sessions for each course assigned
* Adherence to department expectations for Adjunct Teachers, as directed
* Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed, to support some families
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply