Job Category: Maths , Education & Training
Location: United States (Home-based)
To be discussed.
Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools. In the 2015-16 school year, Connections Academy supports 30 virtual public schools in 26 states – serving more than 60,000 students. Connections Education delivers blended (online and on-site) learning in select states via Nexus Academy schools, while students worldwide seeking a private online school can attend International Connections Academy. The Connections Learning by Pearson division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning by Pearson delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K–12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and private and public online schools. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a 2015 “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for third consecutive year. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Working as contractors from home, the Elementary Math Content Editors will be part of a curriculum development project to be implemented in the 2017–2018 school year. The Elementary Content Editors will work with the Curriculum and Editorial teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content and become familiar with and apply Connections Academy’s general editorial style guidelines. Effective communication with Curriculum and Instruction Management team, Curriculum Specialists, Editors, and Program Managers is essential. Candidates with experience in teaching and content development in the areas of elementary education or curriculum editing in educational publishing are encouraged to apply.
- Research and verify elementary math subject matter content;
- Critique lessons, suggest enhancements and apply revisions;
- Work and meet with the Curriculum Development team to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program;
- Review interactive/online courses according to predetermined criteria in an online/web-based format;
- Work with Editorial and Curriculum teams to implement a comprehensive and consistent academic program; and other duties as assigned.
- These contractual positions are temporary and are usually paid per piece. These positions will be home-based and may be part-time or full-time.
- Master’s Degree in Elementary Education or equivalent content area expertise in math
- Content development experience
- Experience in effective design and delivery of design integrated instruction
- Experience teaching grades 1–5 in the following subject areas: math
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to positively receive constructive feedback in order to improve the quality of work
- Must enjoy a challenging work environment that requires significant flexibility, self-direction, and creativity
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Technology proficient (especially with Microsoft Office programs)
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply