Editing, Proofreading, College & University
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is seeking freelance editors to copyedit college-level courseware developed for online delivery. The freelance editor will work remotely on an as-needed basis. The successful applicant must have excellent editing skills and must be able to manage timelines and work collaboratively with other project team members as needed. Individuals who have experience in a fast-paced environment and can work effectively in a virtual environment are preferred.
The editor will provide support for the development of high-quality online courses by editing all content related to assigned courses, including the course blueprint, the syllabus, rubrics, and other course documents. The editor will review the content for grammar, usage, and style and will ensure that assignment guidelines are consistent and clear.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Copyedit online course content for grammar, usage, style, and consistency
* Conduct quality-control checks for course functionality and instructional clarity
* Work with assigned team members to resolve course design and development issues
* Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
* At least two years of professional editing experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word
* Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style and Chicago Manual of Style
* Experience with higher education and/or online learning platforms
* Part time, as needed
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!