Administrative, Data Entry, Transcription
$11.31 to $18.01 / Per Hour
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today’s global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
WHAT DOES A DATA TRANSCRIBER DO? The Data Transcriber performs a vital role in the Service’s ability to process thousands of tax returns each year. In this position, you will be responsible for examining incoming returns, perfecting them to ensure compliance with the required format, and finally processing the return using the systems and applications that you will be trained to operate. This process ultimately converts millions of paper documents, including a variety of taxpayer prepared returns and related schedules, federal tax forms, and other taxpayer information, to tape.
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
Positions are located in Submission Processing Operations, Data Conversion Branch, located at 333 W. Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64108.
The anticipated start date is February 2017.
Training for night shift will be Sunday-Thursday, 40 hrs per week for 2 weeks, 6:30pm – 3:00am. After training they will have a choice to work Part-Time either 6:00pm – 10:00pm or 8:00pm – 12:00am.
Training for day shift will be Monday-Friday, 40 hrs per week for 2 weeks, 7:00am – 3:30pm. After training they will have a choice to work Part-Time either 6:00am – 10:00am or 11:00am – 3:00pm.
As a Data Transcriber you will:
* Review documents for specific requirements necessary for processing. Processes current year and/or prior year individual and/or business returns and related information.
* Bring documents into compliance with the required format or initiate action to obtain or clarify information not otherwise available.
* Identify and properly route correspondence (e.g., letters, powers of attorney, etc) to appropriate function for processing.
* Interpret taxpayer’s intent from available data and complete the document in the required format.
* Identify and review Forms W-2 attached to Forms 1040EZ and 1040PC for conditions meeting Criminal Investigation criteria and code the returns appropriately.
* Prepare documents for scanning by detaching Forms W-2, correspondence, unnecessary schedules, etc. from the returns; removes staples and paper clips; and makes necessary repairs to ensure documents are scannable.
* Perform original entry, character identification, and/or data validation functions.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and meet one of the following: (1) have graduated from high school or have a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; (2) have completed a formal vocational training program; or (3) have a statement from school authorities agreeing with the decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-2 LEVEL: High school diploma or equivalent. OR Three (3) months of full time general experience. This experience should be progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the competencies necessary to perform the duties of this position. This may be paid or non-paid experience.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply