To be discussed.
athenahealth, Inc. as a web-based practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software product, is a large and ever changing ecosystem. We maintain thousands of servers, petabytes of storage and the entire infrastructure that supports them. The Data Center Engineering Team (DCEng), is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the physical devices and environmental conditions in our data centers. This involves communicating with vendors and internal teams to coordinate and execute the various maintenance tasks that are required to support and grow athenahealth and the needs of the operational teams.
We need talented individuals to bring their technical expertise, creative thinking and enthusiasm to help us support and grow this complex environment
* Manage the entire lifecycle of servers, storage and network equipment within the facility. Including receiving, racking, maintenance, and recycling.
* Work closely with operations teams and vendors to ensure all server, storage, and networking equipment is operating optimally
– Coordinate and execute the replacement of failed components
– Coordinate, communicate and supervise facility maintenance
* Perform daily walkthroughs of the facility to ensure no equipment error lights or inventory discrepancies
* Ensure the data center, office and storage space is spotless at all times
* Ensure our cable management meets department standards and enforce environment policies
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware or other network and physical connectivity problems.
* Act as the first responder for all technical and facility related issues within the data center
* Participate in problem solving and process improvement actions related to data center operations
* Work with team-members on high-level planning, design and documentation projects related to power, cooling, layer 1 networking and policies
* Provide remote hands support on physical server, network and telecommunications equipment for multiple groups
* Establish and maintain relationship with data center facility manager/team
* Contribute to the DCEng knowledge base, documentation and culture
* 2+ years experience in a production data center environment
* Understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure components
* Deep understanding of server components and repair
* Ability to troubleshoot Dell and HP server hardware, opening support cases with vendors as needed
* Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs
* Basic understanding of power and cooling systems in data environments
* Basic understanding of the Linux command line interface
* Very strong work ethic
* Carry a cell phone, respond to after hours data center problems. Occasional system maintenance will require after hours or weekend work.
* Work well under high stress environment and with multiple departments
* Share responsibility of 24×7 support of data center specific issues with other local team members
* Shift evening and weekend work is required
* Pride, ownership and accountability for your work
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever evolving and challenging environment
* Work effectively with minimal direction or supervision for day-to-day tasks and communicate that work
* The ability to remain calm and work effectively during service impacting incidents
* Ability to handle multiple projects at any given time
* Ability to communicate effectively with contractors who may perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems
* Excellent verbal, written, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
* Paid vacation and sick leave
* Paid Holidays
* Personal Accessories Budget
* Health Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) plan
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply