Bilingual, Inbound Call, Customer Service
To be discussed.
The Danish Telephone Interpreter, is responsible for handling calls on demand, rarely by appointment, and renders meaning of conversations in the consecutive mode of interpretation between speakers of Danish and English. She/he processes information quickly and concisely, recognizes sensitive cultural differences and is professional and courteous at all times. The Danish interpreter will use appropriate industry terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical or technical subjects in the following fields: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, and 911, Law Enforcement, Court, and General Business.
A work from home Danish Telephone Interpreter works from his/her home-office. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment. Note pads and writing utensils, glossaries or dictionaries are useful tools. The Danish interpreter must have a dedicated landline and head-set/telephone equipment.
II. Major Responsibilities & Principal Accountabilities:
1. Renders correct concepts and meanings between Danish and English following complexity, clarity, tone, and style from one language into another, upholding the correct rules for grammar and syntax in both languages
2. Provides strict renditions of the messages including every detail of the conversation, and must be prepared for challenging calls at any time
3. Employs good customer service and communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions
4. Follows instructions of clients, manage the flow of the call and avoid taking over the call, as well as avoids interaction with the limited English speaker person w/o client’s permission
5. Understands protocol and terminology in the following industries: Medical, Insurance, Finance, Court and Law
6. Remains calm during calls in the event that one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations
7. Remains punctual and available during scheduled work hours
8. Ensures access to the Internet for work related electronic communication
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA
This is not a translation position (the written word) but translators and other skilled linguists who are fluent in Danish and English are encouraged to apply. Telephone interpreters translate verbally over the phone.
1. Native or Near Native Fluency in Danish and English Advanced skills in the cultural dynamics (cultural implication and idiomatic expression) of both Danish and English.
2. Excellent listening, retention and note taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracyKnowledge of industry-specific terminology; on-going study of glossaries and training materials including scripts provided by our clients.
3. Ability to concentrate, stay detached from the conversation, and remain neutral and objective at all times
Ability to follow client’s instructions closely.
4. Ability to explain certain cultural concepts to avoid miscommunication with the permission or at request of the client.
5. Completion of High school education
6. Education in languages/translation/interpretation or related fields preferred, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply