At Appsembler, we believe in the power of learning by doing. Our mission is to help trainers and educators unlock their learners’ full potential.
The world’s most forward-thinking organizations — Akamai, Starbucks, Redis Labs and more — trust Appsembler’s experiential learning platform to power their online learning so they can deliver engaging, hands-on training experiences to their learners.
We are proud to be a fast-growing, 100% globally distributed team, with a culture based on mutual respect, trust, and radical candor. Because we are 100% distributed, you can work with us from anywhere.
Appsembler is seeking a seasoned Customer Success Manager to successfully onboard, train, support, and grow SaaS and Enterprise customers. Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, you will be responsible for managing relationships with named accounts, as well as offering technical support for all customers as needed. You will be the primary driver of our customers’ and their learners’ success using our platform.
As a CSM, you will use your expertise in managing relationships to help customers attain their elearning goals; drive high renewal rates; and identify upsell and expansion opportunities. You’ll also add to our Knowledge Base of how-to articles and videos and lead customer training sessions.
You’ll participate in cross-functional initiatives in partnership with Product, Sales, and Marketing to launch new products and features, contribute to the development and review of sales enablement content, and drive feature engagement through customer communications and demonstrations. You’ll provide customer feedback to the product team to help drive continuous improvement.
You have high levels of empathy for customers and teammates, curiosity, trustworthiness, dependability, and concern for the success of others. You have great verbal and written communication skills, especially when it comes to support, training, presenting new software features, and writing support docs and blog posts.
You like to get to the “why” of customer requests, strive for clarity, and share openly and honestly with customers and teammates. You are also able to push back when appropriate. You are comfortable having technical discussions about workflows and Jobs To Be Done. You are curious to learn more about technical problems and solutions. You are a “farmer” who can expand accounts by identifying new opportunities. You are not easily distracted from your most important tasks.
You pride yourself on being a self-starter and a team player. You can provide and accept constructive feedback up, down, and across an organization. You’ve never thought that the status quo was the only way to get things done. Your ability to follow-up is unparalleled.
You thrive working with cross-functional teammates to serve customers and enjoy a fast-paced and evolving environment. You are committed to developing and maintaining high levels of platform expertise.
This is not your first Customer Success role in the SaaS industry.
* Conducting customer onboarding and training
* Providing customer support and writing support documentation and blog posts
* Discovering and defining of new feature and service requests and sharing feedback with product, engineering, marketing and sales teams
* Supporting Sales with upsell, cross sell, and renewal opportunities
* Tracking and reporting on health of assigned accounts
* Maintaining accurate, meaningful, and actionable account notes
* Conducting regular success and periodic business review calls
* Reviewing, amending, and building customer success processes as needed
* Participating in cross-functional projects
We’re looking for someone with:
* Prior experience in a Customer Success role at a software company (elearning or LMS experience is a plus)
* Ability and willingness to learn about our SaaS platform at a technical level
* Relationship management experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to tell the difference between “activity” and “achievement”
* Ability to thrive in a distributed environment (we have no “office”)
* High levels of customer and teammate empathy, and active listening
* Work that is meaningful, impactful, and very interesting
* The flexibility to work remotely from wherever you choose
* A collaborative atmosphere with a tight-knit and supportive team
* Liberal vacation policy
* 401K plan*
* Healthcare benefits*
* Paid parental leave*