To be discussed.
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Customer Engagement team is looking for a Customer Success Manager with an active security clearance to join us in Washington, D.C. or Sacramento metropolitan area. In this role, you will serve as a trusted adviser to public sector customers by helping them achieve success with our solutions and maximize the value they get from Red Hat’s subscriptions. You’ll be critical to the long-term success of Red Hat’s subscription-based business model and responsible for the onboarding, supporting, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, and delivery of outcomes in the form of renewals and incremental sales. As a Customer Success Manager, you will cultivate solid customer relationships and boost customer satisfaction to make the contract renewal process faster and easier.
Primary job responsibilities:
* Become a trusted adviser to customer executives and key stakeholders so that all Red Hat activities are aligned to the customer business cases and strategies
* Develop success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, and potential issues
* Help ensure customers achieve maximum value from their investment and monitor adoption rates of accounts
* Assist sales representatives with ongoing efforts to manage existing customer relationships and respond to non-sales inquiries
* Minimize subscriber churn through education and coaching; educate the customer on key principles of a sustainable configuration
* Develop and carry out programs to keep customers informed of releases of our offerings relevant to their business
* Communicate between product management and technical support teams and the customer when critical issues with our offerings need to be escalated
* Develop a complete understanding of Red Hat’s enterprise solutions and services
* Work closely with the Red Hat Professional Services team to hand over new consulting opportunities and facilitate transitions after implementations
* Collaborate with the account executives responsible for promoting revenue opportunities across a diverse account base; develop a network of advocates among account management teams
* Ensure a seamless experience for the customer during adoption and deployment by helping with transitions from sales through the customer onboarding to consulting and technical support
* Coordinate with the Marketing and PR teams to build customer references
* 3+ years of account management or technical customer service experience, preferably within the enterprise software industry
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or technology-related discipline; master’s degree is a plus
* Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
* Experience dealing with enterprise customers and complex technical support issues
* Experience advocating for customers
* Ability to manage critical customer support escalations
* Knowledge of common enterprise software applications and servers
* Experience coordinating across functions, including management, sales, customer success, technical support, professional services, marketing, and engineering teams to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations
* Good understanding of technical support and professional services processes and workflows
* Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) customer relationship management (CRM) and case management solutions
* Understanding of the open source development model and open source software solutions like cloud computing and DevOps
* Familiarity with Red Hat’s solutions portfolio and subscription business model
* Outstanding communication skills enabling you to be in charge on-site, to give strategic business reviews highlighting aspects of customer success, and to speak with stakeholders ranging from individual contributors to executive management
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize your workload
* Occasionally travel to meet with customers
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply