Administrative, Virtual Admin, Customer Service
To be discussed.
This position will start as a part time independent contractor position with possibility of becoming a full time contractor
This is also a remote position, you can work from anywhere in the US if you’re available on East Coast hours.
* Do you have experience working from home?
* Do you have customer service experience?
* What about booking travel and planning schedules?
* Are you detail and process oriented?
Museum Hack wants your help!
* Use our help desk software to respond to clients via email (and sometimes phone) to answer questions regarding booking, invoices, etc.
* Manage difficult situations / unhappy customers and escalate when necessary
* Other customer service / admin duties as assigned
* Use our software to send invoices to clients
* Input and manage events in Google Calendar
* Ensure accurate and timely scheduling across multiple cities for our public tours and send out
official tour confirmations (OTCs) to clients
* Schedule shifts in a way that fits the needs of the guests, guides, and optimizes labor costs
* Book special guests (ex. photographers, musicians, magicians, etc) for tours as needed
* Book flights, hotel stay, and other transportation arrangements for staff as needed
* Write content for our website as assigned
* Various tasks as assigned
* Previous customer service experience
* You have prior experience working remotely
* Flexibility to work Eastern USA time zone business hours (8am to 6pm ET) + peeking in 1-2 weekends a month.
* Available 5pm to 8pm ET a plus!
* Must have nearly perfect written English skills and amazingly awesome spoken English skills. Creative writing skills a plus!
* Quick learner
* Detail and process oriented
* High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details (in short: you get shit done)
* Technically inclined, able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services (including, but not limited to: Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Xero, PandaDoc, Base CRM)
* Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here — you gotta go with the flow, and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice
* Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!
* Authorized to work in the US
HOURS / PAY
* About 15-20 hours per week as an independent contractor with the possibility of becoming a full time contractor
* You should be available to work a flexible amount of hours in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00), 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday with an hour or two per day on weekends before 11am ET.
* $12 to $15 per hour, DOE
* Available 5pm to 8pm ET a plus!
* Many people on our team are remote and work from home
* Most of our Customer Service Representatives stay with the company for years, and move up to do really exciting things with us.
* CSR occasionally receive performance-based rewards and incentives
* Our company is GROWING! We are an innovative arts-based business in New York City. Find out more about us by watching our CEO Nick’s Tedx Talk.
Museum Hack is a creative company that offers irreverent, renegade museum tours and cultural offsites to corporate and private clients. Founded in 2013 and having grown to over $2 million in sales in 2016, Museum Hack has uplifted the lives of tens of thousands of new museum guests. We work at renowned cultural institutions and quirky locations in New York City and other major cities to bring these innovative experiences to companies and groups.
Museum Hack has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, PBS, TimeOut New York, Huffington Post, TEDx, and more. Beloved clients include private citizens, schools, industry groups, and large companies like Google, Lego, LinkedIn, and CitiBank.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply