Job Category: Editing, Writing, Education & Training
Location: United States
To be discussed.
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
We are currently seeking a short-term contract ELA Writer/Editor. The ideal candidate is an elementary subject matter, pedagogy expert with experience in ELA content writing and editing. This person will work with US and UK-based staff to develop highly engaging content for PreK-5; write and edit standards-based materials that accurately and creatively address the many methods of teaching, learning, and assessment; and provide sound educational advice based on current trends, methodologies, and best pedagogical practices. This is a short-term 15hr./week position that can be located anywhere in the US.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Write standards-based activities and age-appropriate reading passages.
- Review content for alignment, grade-appropriateness, and pedagogical soundness.
- Review, edit, and proofread content for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and clarity.
- Revise or rewrite materials as necessary.
- Respond and implement feedback from colleagues in a polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office for word processing and data management.
- Consistently meet deadlines assigned by the manager.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Education, Creative Writing, or comparable field
- Elementary teaching experience
- 3 plus years of experience in school publishing, with experience editing curriculum materials
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards and state-specific standards in K-5 English Language Arts
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and ability to apply that style to written materials
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient use of Skype
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply