To be discussed.
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy English-Spanish translator who is a native or a near-native speaker of Latin American Spanish. If you have some linguistic training, translation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo content creation process, this position is perfect for you.
* Translate our learning content from English to Spanish.
* Assist with the management of other translators and the content creation process.
* Review English to Spanish and Spanish to English translations.
* Upload new curriculum content to our course content tool (excellent knowledge of the different parts of speech is a must).
* Strong interest in the mission of Duolingo.
* Native or near-native fluency in Latin American Spanish.
* Linguistic training or familiarity with the different parts of speech.
* Experience working with and writing formulas in Google Spreadsheets.
* Ability to work 20-40 hours a week, as necessary.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 150 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply