To be discussed.
This is a freelance/ remote position, but there might be times that the person should be able to commute to Hartford as needed. It will be project to project basis and hours subjective to that.
The Senior Editor ensures all materials developed for communication materials (both print and electronic) are grammatically and editorially sound and adhere to internal and external brand standards. The Senior Editor also manages and coordinates materials through internal and external review processes.
Serves as the primary editorial resource for assigned brand guidlines
* Edits, styles, and formats a full range of print and multimedia materials to the highest standards; ensures they adhere to client and inhouse house styles
* Understands healthcare and wellness marketing, marketing messages, and marketing strategies for customers
* Manages/coordinates materials through internal and external processes (eg, graphic design/layout, quality control, client review)
* Ensures client and account comments are accurately incorporated
* Fact checks materials to ensure accuracy
* Formats materials that do not go through Creative (eg, PowerPoint, Word)
* Writes nonscientific material (eg, invitations, biographies)
* Supports medical writing team in researching and securing references
* Researches information on conferences and journals
* Meets deadlines; communicates progress to colleagues
* Works closely with colleagues to establish and manage timelines
* Maintains excellent relationships with colleagues
Management and operations:
* Provides editorial peer-review for staff and freelance writers
* Second signs off the work of other editors / writers
* Provides expert knowledge on client review processes and requirements
* Mentors writers and editors
* Proactively identifies and develops operational efficiencies
* Collaborates with other editors to maintain and improve house style guide
* Gives advice/expertise/consultancy and shares best practices with colleagues and clients
* Shares best practices
* Assists in the development of budgets for Editorial Services
* Manages and/or liaises with external resources (eg, freelance writers/editors technology vendors)
* Helps plan staff resources to support assigned customer brands
* Bachelors degree required.
* Previous (5-7 years) experience in professional writing in advertising or marketing.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated PC literacy, knowledge of e-commerce.
* Experienced in health care / insurance and wellness preferred.
* Strong project management experience.
* Demonstrated Track record for managing multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Broad experience across a range of writing projects (eg, print, digital, video and Web).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Outstanding attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof reading, layout, etc
* Expertise in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
* Independent, critical thinker
* Problem solving/diplomacy/interpersonal skills
* Self-motivation and independence
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply