Education Consultant, K-12, Online Teaching, Teaching, Youth & Children
To be discussed.
If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and have a talent for facilitating adult learning, listen up. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables talented people nationwide to become a leader (teacher), run classes in parks, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We’re a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and we’re hiring a part time Teacher Trainer to help inspire, train, and make new and existing leaders successful. We know that diverse teams are strong teams; People of Color are encouraged to apply.
We need you to:
* Facilitate rich discussions about child development, adult development, the value of play-based learning and the impact of nature on human development.
* Build community in a completely virtual classroom filled with passionate adult learners with varying backgrounds.
* Work within our learning management system to manage training sessions, assessment and communication with our teachers.
* Review assessments and assign follow ups based on performance.
* Recommend certification or additional training and support to students based on their performance in discussion and on assessments.
* Help to strengthen a culture of our supportive, mission-drive community of learners.
What you’ve got:
* Masters Degree in Education or related field required. Expertise in early childhood a plus.
* 5+ years of work in higher education or adult learning and training.
* Exceptional communication skills in all formats.
* Ability to identify and support the needs of various adult learners and a willingness to suggest
improvements to course materials and delivery to better serve learners.
* Experience motivating groups of people around a mission and common goal.
* Experience working within a learning management system and knowledge of best practices for online teaching and learning.
* Incredible organization and detail oriented skills.
* Readiness to dive in the deep end and play on a winning team.
* 10-15 hours/week
Though our team is located in Northampton, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, this position can be based anywhere in the U.S. If this role excites you, please send details on your background and a note about why you are interested in the role to support@tinkergarten-dot-com.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply