Ethics & International Affairs, the academic journal of Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs, seeks an experienced copy editor. EIA is a quarterly peer-reviewed journal published by Cambridge University Press. We publish original essays and articles that integrate rigorous thinking about principles of justice and morality into discussions of practical dilemmas related to current policy developments, global institutional arrangements, and the conduct of important international actors.
The journal aims to reach a variety of readers, including scholars from diverse disciplines, policymakers, members of the NGO community, and journalists. Thus, we strive to ensure all materials are clear, accessible, and jargon free.
This is a remote part-time position that entails working on four journal issues per year (approximately 30–40 hours per issue). Because of the journal’s production cycle, the copy editor’s work will be spread unevenly, with most (though not all) of the work occurring during the months of March, June, September, and December.
Copy editing to ensure grammatical accuracy, correct formatting, consistency, and adherence to the journal’s in-house style; fact-checking; and suggesting improvements for style, where appropriate.
A per hour rate will be negotiated based on experience.
* Minimum of five years copy editing experience (An advanced degree in IR or a related discipline may substitute for some of the required experience.)
* Impeccable knowledge of English grammar and usage
* Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
* Experience editing/copy editing in the social sciences strongly preferred
* Experience copy editing in the field of international affairs preferred
Please respond by Friday, November 2, 2018, with your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Adam Read-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.