Now that you know we’re not elephant obsessed weirdos, you probably want to get to know us a little better (and we’re glad you do!).
Be My Guest is a podcast outreach and booking agency for entrepreneurs, authors, and experts from all walks of life.
We serve our client’s by bridging the gap between them and the podcasts that reach their ideal customers and readers, in order to gain more publicity, grow their audience, and drive sales of their products and services.
What We Need
Well, a Copywriter of course.
A large part of this process is heavily dependent upon persuasive copy that tells our clients’ stories via bio and topics (we call these topics “hooks”) they can speak about based on their expertise and experiences.
This Copywriter role will be responsible for condensing the background story and expertise of our clients into marketing magic in the form of:
1) Written bio of the client (50-200 words)
2) Written bio of the client’s company/book/project (approx. 50 words)
3) Written topics (“Hooks”) our client can speak about in a podcast interview (along with 3-4 persuasive sentences to support why they’re qualified to speak about it)
You will have access to the audio recording of each client’s onboarding call in order to learn more about their background, expertise, and topics they can speak about. You will also have a research document that includes other interviews the client has given and articles they’ve written. It’s your job to condense that information down into the formats listed above (all written persuasively).
The Starting Line
* Words are your friends.
* You’re a good human (if you’ve ever kicked an animal that wasn’t attacking you or cursed at a homeless person please don’t apply).
* On more than one occasion people (not your parents) have complimented your wit
* Ideas. You got ’em. Lots of ’em.
The Finish Line
* You have mad business knowledge. You know the difference between B2B and B2C, and you know what these terms mean: churn, acquisition, marketing funnel, bootstrapped, etc. Talking models, marketing, and mergers makes you happy (and so did that alliteration).
* You can internalize and interpret direction.
* You’re collaborative and people like you.
* You know the inner workings of Google Docs in a way that others may find disturbing.
* You manage confidentiality without exception. You will be required to sign an NDA as some information is confidential.
* You’re positive and upbeat. We’re a company run by young, talented, and super fun individuals. If you don’t laugh at a good meme or get sarcasm we may not be a great fit.
* Canva knowledge
* You have experience writing persuasive pitches (of any kind) and bios.
* You’re a podcast fan.
Let’s Talk Money, Honey
This work is estimated to take approximately 10 hours per client project at a flat rate of $400 per project.
We anticipate 1-4 client projects for you every month.
Sidebar: We are a fast-growing company, and see this position leading to other projects and opportunities in the future.
Let’s Do This Thing
To apply, please respond to this posting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line should read “I’m Your Copywriter & I Love Elephants!”
Include a short bio (less than 150 words) of yourself that we won’t see anywhere else. We don’t want what you put on your LinkedIn profile or even your website. We want to know the real you. The you that only your cat or grandma knows.
Bring it home by including writing samples or past work you’ve done that details and displays your skills.