HVMN’s media team seeks an experienced writer for its growing health, fitness, and supplements online publication. Our content delivers engaging, science-backed articles to our broader community of athletes and biohackers.
HVMN’s founding intuition is that the human body is a quantifiable system to be understood and optimized. Our mission is to enable everyone to be the best version of themselves, which is enacted by taking a systems engineering approach to human performance. Through peer-reviewed research, we develop evidence-based products to improve physical, cognitive and metabolic biomarkers.
We have a community that’s hungry for cutting-edge content around endurance sports, health, and nutritional supplements. The writer will help tell stories that reflect our brand ethos to an educated and engaged audience.
HVMN publishes several new pieces of content weekly for our rapidly growing audience. The Contributing Writer will be responsible for creating new articles in the space of endurance sport or nutritional supplements that are optimized for SEO and backed by scientific research. Article lengths range, but are usually ~ 1,500 – 3,000 words. The writer will be responsible for developing complete articles that run through our content process, including outlining and scientific vetting.
With consistent, quality work, there is the opportunity for this contracted position to continue indefinitely.
The candidate will have a professional writing and storytelling background, and ideally, experience in endurance sport (either as a writer or an athlete) or with nutritional supplements. The candidate should also have expertise sifting through complex medical literature and have an aptitude for distilling it into digestible, engaging text.
* Work directly with the Editorial Lead and Head of Science to outline, research, and write high-quality articles supported by scientific evidence
* Independently research and write, seeing an article to completion
* Communicate with Editorial Lead and Head of Science to edit pieces based on feedback
* Integrate SEO-related keywords into posts
* Input completed articles into our content management system, along with citation materials (MLA format)
* 3+ years of professional writing experience
* Nose for storytelling, and a desire to be an authoritative voice to our growing audience
* Experience communicating complex topics in a compelling manner
* Passion for, and knowledge of, endurance sport or nutritional supplements