Our vision is to create products and services that radically improve the lives and success of our customers. We are a technological service company that uses modern communication strategies to deliver relevant and valuable content to our customers and community. We’re committed to ensuring our content will create amazement, ignite inspiration, educate, promote entrepreneurial gusto, and motivate our community and customers to succeed.
ShootDotEdit (SDE), along with its subsidiary brands, is the global leader in Professional Photo Editing, Image Gallery Hosting, and Professional Print Sales for Professional Wedding Photographers. We’re a team of entrepreneurs, experts, thought leaders, solution architects, and scale-hackers working to make our vision a daily reality for every single professional wedding photographer.
We’re looking for sharp, passionate, creative thinker/writers who are eager to shape the future through relevant, engaging, inspiring, and delightful content; who are looking to amplify our brand voice into the public and private social content channels of the professional wedding and portrait space.
* We’re looking for a current culture “brand fit” writer & journalist to next-level our content and voice
* A passionate Wedding & Portrait Photography industry wordsmith who is passionate about curating, creating, formatting, designing, and delivering content that inspires, educates and motivates success
* We are looking for a versatile (educated, witty, humorous, thought provoking) contract journalist who can easily adapt to our various content formats which include our company updates, community magazine, digital ads, educational segments, thought leadership/influencer interviews, event graphics, product/service reviews, etc.
* Author inspirational stories of carefully identified influencers, thought leaders, and events in the professional wedding photography space;
* Create engaging and compelling narratives around our service value propositions
* “Interviews”: you channel an inner Maria Menounos, Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Fallon, and Kelly Ripa, when performing our brand interviews
* Development and articulation of “How-To” instructional and educational content
* “Reviews”: service providers, gear, products, and/or software applications
* Participate in framing on brand content to fit correctly for each of our unique content channels which include: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Blog, and Web.
* Create and curate content designed to highlight both customers and influencer in order to engage our lead funnel, new & existing customers, and promote brand advocacy
* Fine tune past content to make relevant and maintain value
* Demonstrated success producing and creating compelling content that is tailored to company goals and audience
* Professional experience in writing in the form of narrative and descriptive content using all classic social channels including but not limited to web, blog, ebooks/guides, campaigns, landing pages, sales enablement materials, case studies, etc.
* Knowledgeable of principles of SEO including keyword research and ability to implement Social Media SEO tactics
* Knowledge of social platform assets, best practices, and trends, and design of social assets
* Seasoned interview-to-story chops
* Strong WordPress, SEO and Social Media skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in creative writing field such as Journalism, English, Speech Communications, etc.
* Demonstrated interest, passion, and awareness of social media landscape and trends
* Experience pitching original content ideas
* Personal and active interest in the Wedding & Portrait Photography space
* Personal and active interest in Wedding & Portrait Photography social media channels, platforms, trends, and subsequent innovations
* SEO is natively exhaled in each paragraph you author, design, and write
* Consistently meet writing deadlines and content guidelines
* Committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery
* Write and edit in ways that align with our search-optimized content requirements
* Source and conduct interviews that will engage, educate, and inspire
* Ensure that the SDE brand voice and guidelines are conveyed consistently across all social channels.
* Short and long-form writing capability
* Ability to form fit your created content into each of our social channels: Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Digital Media Guides
* Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to drive content projects from start to finish
* Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time-management skills
* Able to manage multiple projects at once, and execute on the direction and requirements of these projects
* Work both independently and collaboratively