Job Category: Content Writer
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
Engaging language arts questions require engaging language–and that’s where you come in.
We are looking for creative, motivated content writers to join our content development team. In this role, you will work closely with product analysts and content editors to write elegantly crafted language arts items for grades two through twelve, with an emphasis on middle and high school content.
This is a remote, contract position.
- Write sentences and paragraphs for use in a wide variety of problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, sentence editing, and multiple choice
- Brainstorm topics to create engaging, varied, age-appropriate sentences and paragraphs
- Meet writing specifications and requirements with ingenuity and thoughtfulness
- Adhere to The Chicago Manual of Style and in-house style guide
- Format content according to guidelines
- Accept and implement feedback
- BA/BS degree, preferably in English, creative writing, or a related field
- Extremely strong writing ability and grammar knowledge, including a finely tuned sense of written English usage
- Clear, engaging writing style
- Strong understanding of middle and high school students’ reading and knowledge levels
- Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development for grades six through twelve is a plus
- Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous freelance writing experience is preferred
- Experience using web content management systems and writing in an online format
How To ApplyClick Here to Apply