Customer Support/Customer Care
To be discussed.
OkCupid is seeking a Community Moderator for the Customer Experience and Moderation Response Team!
We’re looking for a talented writer with customer service experience to join us in a work-from-home email support position. You’ll play a critical role in keeping the site free from scammer and harasser accounts, and ensuring user happiness.
In this role, you will:
* Use your excellent email communication skills to respond to customer inquiries in an upbeat and timely fashion
* Detect and remove fake accounts and harassing users from the site
* Review and moderate content including profiles, photos, and messages
* Handle a small number of inquiries about sensitive topics that require strong empathy and tact
* Troubleshoot problems and provide explanations to our growing user base via email
* Work from your home computer 40 hours per week. Schedule is mostly flexible, but we will need a commitment to working one four-hour shift over the weekend
We’re looking for:
* Excellent written communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Extensive experience in a customer service environment
* Strong understanding of internet norms and interactions
* The ability to understand sometimes complicated scenarios and respond with well-thought-out written solutions
* The ability to work reliably and independently from home
* A well-written cover letter stating why you’re excited to work for OkCupid
Bonus points for:
* Prior experience with digital fraud prevention
* Prior experience with website moderation
* Familiarity with OkCupid
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply