Codecademy is the easiest place to learn to code online. We have 300+ hours of online content, which we provide for free to millions of learners around the world.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with web development skills to provide guidance and support for our online learners. If your interests lie in teaching, this is an opportunity for you to directly contribute to the careers of people excited about learning to code.
This is a part-time, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~10-30 hours of work per week, including weekends. You can work from anywhere with an internet connection, and will be compensated (paid bi-weekly).
The primary responsibility of a Coach is to provide instruction to learners via live chat sessions (either 1:1 or within groups) to help students with any of the following:
* Defining student goals
* Reviewing coding topics
* Guiding students to additional resources available to deepen learning capacity
* Helping students debug code and pass tricky exercises
* Motivating and encouraging students
* Working with fellow Coaches to support and track student progress
Additional responsibilities may include one or more of the following, pending Manager approval:
* Monitoring Slack channels to facilitate peer-to-peer conversation and answer technical inquiries
* Serving as a Mentor to provide high-touch personalized support to learners in our Pro Intensive cohorts through live 1:1 video sessions, pair programming, and recorded video seminars
* Assisting team throughout screening process to identify new talent, including resume screening, evaluating written test, and leading final stage (simulated chat) test
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Passionate about programming, technology, and teaching
* with a fast-paced environment and with change
* Highly responsive and accountable
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication (good ability to explain concepts)
* Familiarity with Python, Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn
* Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: CA, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA and WA.**
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms– race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status– and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.