Journalism, Sports & Fitness, Writing, Blogging
To be discussed.
Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that’s where you come in.
Stanley Cup of Chowder, the SB Nation blog covering the Boston Bruins, is looking for a new manager.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you’re as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Bruins. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Bruins fans love.
1. Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality Bruins writing.
2. Manage a diverse team of writers.
3. Operate the site’s Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
4. Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
5. Shape the editorial direction of Stanley Cup of Chowder.
1. Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Boston Bruins, the NHL and hockey.
2. You’re a great writer, communicator and manager.
3. You’re experienced with web publishing tools (or you’re a quick learner).
4. You take pride in what you do.
This is a contractor position that pays a small monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply