To be discussed.
Knack is transitioning from a startup into a scaling business, and it’s time for the founders to unload much of the administrative and operational tasks that are becoming more pressing. We need an expert to help us run our business smoothly and effectively, and have a fun time while doing it.
We’re looking for whip-smart, hyper-detailed, super-organized office hero to help take the reigns on much of our administrative, operational, and accounting needs.
This is a 100% remote position so communication, trust, and experience working remotely are required. You will have a high degree of autonomy on how to do you work. Self management, the ability to prioritize and focus, and a proactive spirit are musts.
Although we’re looking for accounting and HR help, you don’t necessarily need an accounting degree or to have worked in an HR department. Think light bookkeeping, coordinating with state tax agencies, helping set up new employees, researching HR policies, etc.
You’ll be working closely with Brandon the CEO on most fronts, but still be expected to be an integral part of the team and assist anyone as needed.
What You’ll Do
* Light accounting including statement reconciliation, bookkeeping, document preparation, payroll, and tax preparation.
* HR management including insurance research and administration, benefits, policy development, and team training and communication.
* Assist with new employee trials, securing dates, legal and tax documents, training checklists, and other logistical support to ensure our trials run smoothly.
* Assist with new employee setup, including onboarding, administration, payroll, tax setup, etc.
* Plan an execute our twice yearly retreats, including flights and travel, food and catering, excursions, and lodging.
* Research to assist various teams and projects.
* Assist Brandon the CEO on any research, logistical, or administrative tasks.
* Help brainstorm and coordinate team wide cultural events and activities.
This job will also have tremendous opportunities to learn about SaaS operations, level up on multiple skills, and engage your interests. Additional areas of application could include:
* Light web publishing, graphic editing, blog posts, and social media shares.
* Project management, including coordination, agendas, documentation, action step consensus, and follow-up.
* Customer support and team assistance.
* Knowledge base contributions including tutorials, articles, screenshots, videos, etc.
You’ll get to do this working remotely with a talented, fun, tight-knit team dedicated to building an amazing product.
* You’re an outstanding communicator. You can document a problem, and clearly and succinctly outline a solution. You’re not afraid to distill things into plain English for teammates and customers.
* You’re both a teacher and a learner. You’re not afraid to admit when someone may know more than you. You have the confidence to help others level up.
* You have experience working in fast-paced environments, prioritizing and balancing multiple projects, and working with cross-functional teams.
* You want to work on a company and product you can be proud of that impacts thousands of people all over the world, from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies.
* You go all in. You want to do your best work, and have that work make an impact.
Knack is a no-code platform that makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to do amazing things with their data.
Knack launched in 2012 and has been growing steadily as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit. We’re now ready to take things to the next level and maximize the opportunity for what this product can be.
So why are we different?
* We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
* We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
* We’re small: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars– we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
* We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
* You can read more about Knack and the team here.
Benefits & Compensation
* Define your work: our only rule is our overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST. Otherwise find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization.
* Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get forced days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
* Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
* Learning Credits: an annual allowance is provided to stay on top of your game with classes, books, and conferences.
* HealthCare: work in progress. We’ve recently reached team numbers that make offering plans to a remote team feasible and are in conversations with major providers to secure coverage in 2017.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply