Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: United States
To be discussed.
Smarthinking, a Pearson service unit, is hiring experienced, educated individuals to serve as part-time online tutors. Smarthinking provides online tutoring to support colleges, universities, high schools, and individuals. Online writing tutors work with students at various academic levels as they learn to become more effective writers.
At Pearson and within Smarthinking, we work to facilitate a culture of professional reflection and consistent quality among our teams of tutors. Tutors can work from any location with computer and Internet access.
Each term (spring, summer, fall) tutors have a set weekly schedule—typically between 8-19 hours per week—based on their scheduling preferences. The tutor hiring timeline is largely as follows: screening and hiring in May/June; tutor training in June/July; fall schedules set in July/August; fall term shifts begin early September.
To qualify, individuals must have:
- Advanced coursework or graduate degree in a business discipline.
- College-level teaching or tutoring experience in courses from Accounting Principles to Advanced Accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to troubleshoot problems calmly in potentially stressful situations.
- Strong typing and computer skills.
- An enthusiasm for online education and a passion for helping students to improve their lives through learning.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Teaching experience in upper-level courses such as Intermediate, Income Tax, Auditing, Governmental/Not-For-Profit, Advanced,and Corporate Tax Accounting.
- College teaching experience in the accounting discipline.
- Experience mentoring or supervising adjunct instructors or tutors.
– This is a remote position that will require tutors to work out of a location with reliable access to a computer and Internet.
– Candidates must reside in the United States and, if hired, be able to provide documentation regarding eligibility to work in the United States.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply